My Approach to Helping
I collaborate with arts and helping professionals on a variety of issues, including: finding your voice in negotiation and relationships, getting creative projects and careers off the ground, identifying what’s working in your life–and what’s not–and how to change things for the better. I also work with issues around bereavement and loss. My training and approach combines psychodynamic, sensorimotor (mindbody) and mindfulness aspects. I have expertise in stress management (how to handle the present), trauma recovery (how to integrate the past) and creative breakthroughs and empowerment (how to build a future). When appropriate, I use EMDR, a proven method of symptom relief from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); meditation and breathing exercises and other techniques.
Equally if not more important is how we fit together as a working team. I invite you to consult with me for one or two sessions and see if you’d like to work with me.
More Info About My Practice
1) Please check the “Concerns & Issues” list to make sure that your issues are listed.
2) With the exception of Empire BCBS, I am not on any insurance panels although you may qualify for “out-of-network” reimbursement. Check with your insurance company.
3) I’m sometimes asked if I’m willing to see someone every other week. My experience is that for the therapy to be effective, we have to start with a minimum of weekly sessions for least 6-8 months. After that, we can reevaluate.
4) Presently, I have more daytime than evening hours available.
Specific Issue(s) I’m Skilled at Helping With
More than specific issues, generally I like working with the following groups of people:
1) Creative people from all professions, who want to effectively access and share their talents, structure time and space, set boundaries with friends and family and develop self-confidence. As a creative professional with diverse career experiences, I enjoy the challenge of helping someone build a sound, sustainable creative career.
2) Introverts. As a compassionate and interactive practitioner with a sense of humor, I am able to support and encourage shy and unassertive people to take risks, assert themselves and achieve their goals at work and in relationships.
3) Helping professionals and caregivers. I find that many professionals who help (therapists, doctors, lawyers, nurses, etc.), as well as caregivers of family members can be prone to self-neglect or are unable to accept help from others. I enjoy working around issues of burnout, compassion fatigue, isolation and trauma recovery with these professionals.
4) Retirees who would like to explore unrealized dreams and aspirations, as well as review life thus far., also issues of social isolation and being single after decades of being part of a couple.
Client Focus (Age)
Billing and Insurance:
Sliding Scale Available Clinicians who offer sliding scale payment structures may offer lower or reduced fees based on an individual’s ability to pay. Please contact this clinician for more details regarding their fees or sliding scale policy.