My Approach to Helping
I have been working with individuals and families since 1998. The majority of my work has been with adolescents and adults who struggle with a variety of psychiatric, emotional and behavioral issues in individual and group settings. My specialties include Trauma, Anxiety, Mood Disorders (Depression, Bipolar), Addiction, Anger Management, Borderline Personality Disorder and Parenting.
My approach to therapy draws primarily from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
More Info About My Practice
I am in-network with the following Insurance Plans:
AmeriHealth, AmeriHealth 65, AmeriHealth PPO
Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Horizon Managed Care (HMO, POS, Direct)and Access Direct
Magellan EAP and Magellan Workplace Groups
My Blog Posts
- Confronting the Myth of the ‘Normal’ Family
- Grief Mythology: Mourning Can Create Alternate Realities
- Unyielding Teens and Disempowered Parents
- Depathologizing Adolescent Trauma Reaction During the Engagement Phase
- Forgiveness in Family Therapy
- How to Respond to Bullying
- Using Dialectical Behavior Therapy Techniques with Imago and Family Therapy
- Why Teens with Depression Need Structure During Summer
- Family and Loss – In It Together
- Adolescent Consequences, 100% Natural and Organic!
Please note: The video above was submitted by John Migueis, and any views or opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by GoodTherapy.org. We do our best to ensure videos align with our mission and vision; however, if you find there is inappropriate content, please email us or call 888-563-2112 ext. 2.
Client Focus (Age)
Billing and Insurance:I am an in-network provider for:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- United Health Care