My Approach to Helping
As a Relationship Expert, I help you build a solid foundation for you to create an exceptional relationship. Real connections with your partner make it possible for you to truly see each other, develop mutual trust, take risks together, give and receive tenderness, maintain sexual desire and to stay present to address and resolve conflicts.
I embrace a compassionate approach to help you navigate confrontation, self-expression, and accountability. You will learn ways to honor one another with expressive and authentic communication. Our work helps you create and sustain emotional, physical and sexual intimacy so that you can experience loving connection on a daily basis.
Specifically, my integrative approach allows me to play an active role in helping you heal your body, mind, and heart by offering direct feedback, homework, and guided exercises.
My therapeutic style incorporates an eclectic blend of Eastern and Western methodologies, drawing on cutting edge research in the field of relationships and sexual health. Together, we examine how your individual thinking, relationship dynamics, family, social circumstances and physical health all impact your relationship as a whole. My educational background combines with my personal experience practicing mindfulness and yoga.
To best accommodate your schedule, I or someone on my team, offer both daytime, evening and weekend appointments, both in-person and through video conferencing. To make an appointment with me at The Center for Intimate Relationships, feel free to call or email me, or contact me through my website.
More Info About My Practice
We strive to create innovative services to meet individuals and couples at various levels of need. We offer:
1) Traditional couples counseling and sex therapy services
2) Love, Sex and Intimacy, an online program to enhance your therapy experience (only available to therapy clients)
3) Intimacy Insiders, a private online subscription for couples who want to keep their spark alive (available to anyone)
4) Intimacy Breakthrough, a private online e-course for couples who want to rekindle desire and intimacy
Our staff provides a confidential, respectful environment that supports your growth, connection and fulfillment.
My Therapy Focus
At Center for Intimate Relationships, we treat a variety of relationship issues. No two couples are alike, no two people are alike. Yet we’ve seen patterns emerge. Regardless of the specific issue we address together, the sessions strengthen one or more of these 4 key areas: Communication – how you speak to and hear each other, Collaboration – how you work as a team in life, Connection – how you share loving touch, and Chemistry – how you share sexual touch.
We’ve also noticed that couples struggle to stay consistent in their process. Too many life distractions, not enough attention on each other.
For these reasons, we not only offer traditional therapy services but we’ve developed online tools to help our clients succeed beyond their therapy sessions. We know long term love is a marathon, not a sprint, and we want to equip you with all that you need to make it a rich, rewarding journey.
My Blog Posts
- Too Close for Comfort: Fear of Intimacy and What to Do About It
- How to Overcome Emotional Repression in Your Relationship
- When the Urge Is Uneven: Understanding the Universe of Sexual Desire
- 4 Ways Affection Can Hurt Your Relationship
- Apologizing with Intention: 4 Reasons Your Apology Didn’t Work
- 8 Ways to Survive Sexual Dry Spells in Your Relationship
- 5 Ways to Practice Sexy Confidence
- What’s the Key to Relationship Health? (Hint: Not Marriage!)
- Is Your Relationship Close, Intimate, Both, or Neither?
- What Can Gratitude Do for Your Relationship?
- What My Partner and I Learned from Our Glorious Fight
- Why I Get Excited When an Affair Brings a Couple to Therapy
- To See or Not to See: What Are Your Partner’s Eyes Saying?
- Fetal Death at Full Term: How Do Couples Cope?
- How to Overcome Fear of Rejection
- Could Your Marriage Survive an Affair?
Please note: The video above was submitted by Carolynn Aristone, and any views or opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by GoodTherapy.org. We do our best to ensure videos align with our mission and vision; however, if you find there is inappropriate content, please email us or call 888-563-2112 ext. 2.
Client Focus (Age)
Billing and Insurance:
I don’t currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for “out of network” benefit coverage
Fees: $150 – $180
Free Initial Consultation