My Approach to Helping
I take an holistic approach, examining the here-and-now reality of the person’s experiential, physical, interpersonal, and intra-psychic worlds, optimizing function and reducing strain. I believe in having the knowledge and networking developed to as best I can see that medical problems are addressed by skillful colleagues and that I can then help clients address psychological issues, including nutritional, exercise-related, and sleep-related problems, as well as other problems due to overunderarousal of areas of the central nervous system. I strive to help people learn about themselves, especially how patterns of feeling, anxiety, and defenses affect the quality of their lives and may be addressed by mindful choices promoting healthy changes for themselves and others around them.
More Info About My Practice
Fee is $205 per hour, paid in cash at end of each session. I provide receipts for insurance filing by clients when requested. I ask clients to allow me to videotape sessions as this is vital to providing the best possible care, important to my constant improvement in care provided, and can occasionally give very important feedback to clients — veridical, “that’s me doing that”, information. (Videotape doesn’t lie and helps us achieve greater observing capacity, facilitating mindful change.)
Specific Issue(s) I’m Skilled at Helping With
* working together to positively change your implicit (unconscious) learned interpersonal procedures (how you interact with others): upping mindfulness of self, feelings, anxiety
* rapidly reducing your anxiety
* helping you face reality and feel much less confused by interactions with others
* facilitating your will to change unhealthy physical and mental states to healthy ones:
a “gitrdun” approach
* co-creating changes that help you uncover your authentic, feeling self
Client Focus (Age)
Billing and Insurance:
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.